Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lunch on 1/5/2012 - The return of cucumber art!

It was another late night and I was in a rush to get lunch made.  And since I haven't been to the grocery store in a few days, once again Juju is eating whatever is in the fridge (which looks remarkably similar to everything else she ate this week).  I decided if I can't change up her food for tomorrow's lunch, I can at least attempt to make it more visually appealing.  So, once again, I pulled out my cookie cutters and went to town on a hot house cucumber.  Tomorrow I am serving cucumber stars and flowers along with orange slices, grapes, edamame, avocado, and macaroni and cheese and peas.  I made some cheddar cheese stars to decorate the top of the mac and cheese.  Incidentally this mac and cheese is not the homemade one I mentioned yesterday but something my great babysitter made for dinner for the two of them tonight.

Also captured in the photograph is a new Klean Kanteen kid's water bottle in the "Navy Bird" pattern that matches Juju's Pottery Barn Kids lunch box.  I was too cheap to buy the matching water bottle in the fall when it was around $20 but since it's now on sale for $9.99 and I had a PBK gift certificate, I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment