Monday, February 6, 2012

Lunch on February 6: Orange and green and lox supreme!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been in Florida visiting friends and my grandparents.  I made an amazing find at my Grandmother's house: her cookbook!  It is filled with fantastic recipes, some for dozens of complicated appetizers she used to serve at dinner parties in the 60s, others for lots of ethnic food her mother used to make (chicken fat is always included as an ingredient).  It also included a week's worth of menu planning that is pretty incredible - I promise to post about it soon.  I also took her Settlement cookbook from the year she got married, 1944.  I'm really excited to go through everything and will post what I make here as much of it will inevitably end up in Juju's lunch.

Today is our first day back at school in about 10 days.  I am serving lots of orange and green.  I made a lox and cream cheese roll-up on whole wheat lavash bread and am pairing it with carrots, peas, orange slices, and muenster cheese with whole grain crackers.  There is an Andes candy mint for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment